JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Using JEvents in an IFrame

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby bsntech » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello all,

I am attempting to use JEvents in an IFrame on the website.

I downloaded a plugin that allows me to place a component on a page (component as content).

This is working fine - and the calendar does show up as expected.

However, whenever you click any of the links within the calendar or to view the year, month, week, day listings (basically any link), the calendar wants to then "break out" of the iFrame and make the whole page refresh.

I want to keep it so that the calendar stays within the iFrame.

The component is working just fine because I simply used it to include a page where I placed one link. When I clicked the link, it opened the new page in that IFrame normally.

Therefore, it seems that there must be some kind of code somewhere in JEvents that 'busts out' of any iFrame and makes it a full page - which is what I'm trying to prevent.

Anyone have any pointers on how this can be stopped?

Thank you!
bsntech

Postby carcam » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 am

JEvents monthly calendar create its links using the menu itemid to make the new page load with all the modules of that itemid. Probably that is making the system to behave in a non expected way.

By the way, which component are you using to making the components load on an iframe?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby bsntech » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

The plugin is simply called component as content.

All it really is - is an IFrame wrapper because you can insert anything into it.

You use these tags:

{comascon}INSERT URL HERE{/comascon}

Because of that, I was actually able to fix my own issue after several hours of trial and error.

Instead of using something like:

{comascon}index.php?option=com_jevents.....{/comascon}

I simply had to create another menu that is hidden (used nowhere on the site) so that I could reference it. So I created a new menu called "Calendar" and then created a new menu item in there. I made note of the "alias" (which is the SEO-based html name). Then on the page I wanted the calendar embedded, I then used:

{comascon}http://www.DOMAIN.com/calendar.html{/comascon}

For whatever reason, anytime you click on one of the events or a link to go to a different calendar view, they now all open in the same IFrame without changing the entire page - which is what was happening before.

Upon further investigation, I also tried to make an IFrame with the com_weblinks - and the same behavior happened - anytime I'd click a link within that IFrame, it would take over the entire window instead of staying within the IFrame.

Therefore, I don't believe it was an issue with JEvents - but something with Joomla itself.
bsntech

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)