JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

RSS & Latest Events module

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Stricnine » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi

I'm not sure if this a bug or 'feature' ... I've installed the latest alpha on my test server (wamp/apache/php5/mysql5) and everything is running very smoothly under Joomla 1.5.8

However, if I limit the number if events to show in the 'latest' module which limits them correctly, the same number of events is also shown in the RSS feed..

Ideally I'd like to only show a few events in the 'Latest events module' and have the full option available in the RSS feed (with category choice as it is now)..

As I said, not sure if this is bug or feature, but the configuration would imply that I can set the number of events to be shown in the RSS config - it doesn't appear to respond to that fugure though. Even if I set the Latest events to a high number and the RSS to a low one - still takes the number from Latest events..

Any thoughts???

Thanks .. and great work - I really, really like it so far :D

Regards
Chris
Stricnine

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:51 pm

Not thought about this issue - will take a look.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Stricnine » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks .. and while you're in there would it be possible to have the link to RSS feed open in a new window?

Cheers
Chris
Stricnine

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Just committed these changes to SVN.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Stricnine » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Thanks ... however not up to speed on SVN - can I download them manually from anywhere?

Or do I have to go the SVN route?

Cheers
C
Stricnine

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:36 pm

I'll update the build in the first message in this forum over the weekend.
Geraint

Postby Stricnine » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:28 am

Many thanks!! -- sorry to be a pain :)

Regards
Chris
Stricnine

Postby Stricnine » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:14 am

Hi Geraint

Just wanted to say - excellent .. sorted the RSS issue... just in case this is of interest for any future development, we intend using jevents to 'run' a school calendar whereby the online version will become the primary source of dates...
We intend to then extract (via RSS probably) feeds to run the intranet & also to provide the base infomation for a printed term calendar.

It would therefore be quite useful to have an export facility within the admin backend to allow for greater control over exporting the data than rss feed. I can potential run this through sql queries in the meantime, but if this was something that could be build into a future package that would be fantastic from our point of view!

(I'm currently developing locally, but once online I'm happy to share/test etc anything I can)

Kind regards
Chris
Stricnine

Postby Geraint » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 am

In time I want to reinstate the ICS/Ical export so that calendars can be exported to other applications like Outlook or Thunderbird/Sunbird.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby Stricnine » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 am

Hi geraint

Just keeping this 'live' ... would it be possible to build in an admin 'export' to excel (or CSV) or similar as I'm hoping to use this to run a school term calendar and take a feed to InDesign for print layout...

I'm still having to rely on your packaged files as I can't currently run the SVN system (on a school system which is fairly well 'locked down'!)

Keep up the good work :)

Regards
Chris
Stricnine

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)