JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Cannot save/edit events - backend

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 am

You still had tabbed editing enabled.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby vickipayne » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks, you are right. When tabbed editing was turned off, the editor did work. However, on a live site with other extensions added, it doesn't matter if tabbed editing is on or off, the editor still doesn't work. So I guess my next plan will be to install the usual extensions we use one by one to find out when editing an event (on one tab) no longer works. I realize it will not then be your responsibility to help fix.

Vicki
vickipayne
Gold Members

Postby vickipayne » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:16 pm

For anyone following this thread, it looks like the issue was caused by JCE (Joomla Content Editor). I replaced the editor.js file as instructed here - http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/jce-editor/firefox-901-jce-2019/55245#p55245 - and, importantly, cleared my cache. Everything is working now for me with JEvents 1.5.6 - both with "Edit events in one tab" on and with it off (and with Mootools upgrade plugin disabled).

It looks like you've been helping the JCE developer get to the bottom of this issue, Geraint... thanks! 8-)
vickipayne
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

I also believe this is/will be fixed in JEvents 2.1.7

Regards.
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Silvertip » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:52 am

I'm having the same problem. and yes the Mootool Upgrade tool is enabled and the language override plugin

PHP version: 5.2.7
* Joomla! version: 1.5.25
* JEvents version: 2.0.11
* Web Server software: Apache
* Server Operating system: Mac
* Database version: 5.1.60-community-log
* memory_limit: 64M
* Web browser and version: Safari Version 5.1.2 (7534.52.7) and Firefox 9.0.1
Silvertip

Postby Geraint » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby imatgemescom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 pm

I have the same problem. The jevents editor is blocked and i can not edit any event... The editor is grey... I've tried all the solutions mentioned before but i can't solve the problem.

It's not a browser problem I've tried with Firefox 9.0.1, chrome 16.0.912.77 and Safari Versión 5.1.2 (6534.52.7)
imatgemescom

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:43 am

which editor are you using and which version of JEvents?
Geraint

Previous

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)