JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - upgrade questions re: hacked files

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby sitemaker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:10 am

I'm running Jevents 1.5.3 (B1629) with Joomla 1.5.23 and would like to upgrade to the latest com_jevents_155f_b1887.zip.

My concern is that I've heavily modified:
views/alternative/month/tmpl/calendar_body.php
views/alternative/month/tmpl/calendar_cell.php
views/alternative/month/tmpl/calendar.php
views/alternative/helpers
/alternativeviewnavtablebariconic.php
views/alternative/assets/css/events_css.css
and
views/default/helpers/defaulteventmanagementdialog.php

This was done so that the presence of certain keywords in an event's title would cause some events to:
- have their displayed times be changed to be a fixed number of minutes before or after sundown (rather than showing the event time as in the database, which will still control where the event appears).
- have the event be replaced entirely by various javascripts, paypal buttons, mail-links, etc.
- have the event's time be hidden
- have the event's position and size shifted up close to the event above it, to be in association with it.
- Insert Jewish holidays, torah readings, omer counts, weekly services schedules, candle-lighting times, havdalah times, etc. all automatically; so nobody needs to touch the calendar except for one-off special events.

What would I normally do to upgrade? Just install the new version on top of the old? Or is there usually something more?

After upgrading, if I simply overwrite the new version's files with my old hacked files, should it all work as before? Or are there some "gotchas" I should watch out for?

Thanks very much for your attention.
sitemaker

Postby carcam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 am

Hi sitemaker,
I would follow these steps:

• Backup all the modified files, and if possible, the whole site.
  • Take note of all the changes.
  • Try to move all the changes to a templates overrides following the instructions of this document: http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... jevents-15
  • If everything goes ok, I would upgrade
  • Check that everything goes ok in the new site
  • If everything goes ok, then I will try to create the overrides with the new files of the layouts so that I will be able to have the most up to date functionalities.

This is the safest method, but it will be safer to work in a local copy before doing anything in the production server.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby sitemaker » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Thank you. All worked fine. The hacks are now in the new files where needed, and those are as overrides where possible.
sitemaker

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)