JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Creating Jevents for iphone or other mobile devices  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby dcl567 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Thank you, that worked. However I had to change the first line of the replacement code ( $isMobile = $browser->isMobile();) with the original code ($isMobile = $browser->_mobile;).

I have created overrides for the smartphone layout in /templates/jtouch/html/com_jevents/smartphone for day (listevents_body.php), month (calendar_body.php), week (listevents_body.php), and year (listevents_body.php). All work fine and reflect my changes, except for the month view. None of the changes I have made to /templates/jtouch/html/com_jevents/smartphone/month/calendar_body.php are showing up on my mobile device. I even cleared cache, history, etc. and still they are not showing up. Is there a different file where the month view needs to be modified?
dcl567
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:40 am

You want to customise calendar_bodylist.php since the smartphone month layout is a list view. The calendar_body.php file is actually not needed for this layout at present but may be used in the future if we find a good way to represent a month of events on a small display
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dcl567 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Great, thanks!
dcl567
Gold Members

Postby marsu » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:33 am

HI Geraint,

i found last week this beautiful responsive calendar with a MIT License wondering if it could be something for jevents?

https://github.com/codrops/Calendario
marsu

Postby Geraint » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 am

The latest iconic club member layout is now responsive and switches from a calendar view to a list view automatically as the view port size decreases
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dcl567 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Do you need to be using a responsive template for this to work? I installed the iconic layout, added a menu type of "View by Month", and selected "Iconic" for the layout view, but it is not switching to a list view when I shrink the browser. I've got this on a test site at http://honolulu.directrouter.com/~amppl ... Itemid=119. The template has the container width set at 100%.
dcl567
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:12 pm

You enable the scalable width setting in the club layouts config in JEvents. You currently have it set to 'very wide'
Geraint

Postby dcl567 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Great, thank you.I changed it to "quite narrow" and the calendar shrinks however it does not switch to list view. Is there something else I need to do?
dcl567
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Yes - make sure you use the latest version of the layout (3.2.8) with JEvents 3.0 (or even better JEvents 3.1)
Geraint

Postby marsu » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:35 pm

can i have a look on the responsive design on the demo page? This would be a reason to consider a update.
marsu

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)