JEvents 1.4

Sync JEVENTS with Outlook, Google calendar, ical, etc..

Postby fishyouth » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi,
I was wondering if I can sync Jevents calendar with my outlook, goggle calendar, ical. I don't want to type the information once is in my personal calendar.

Can people download an events to their calendars with Jevents?
I appreciate your answer.
fishyouth

Postby ccalves » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Folks!
Any information about the questioN?
Is it possible to Sync JEVENTS with Outlook?

I'd like to export my JEvents to my Outlook. It is really important to me. Other way I will have to use another calendar :(

Thank you,
Ciro.
ccalves

Postby Geraint » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:34 pm

You can export events from JEvents in ical format by creating an icals export menu item type.

Import in ical format by creating a new calendar from a URL in the backend of JEvents.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ccalves » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Is this option "icals export menu item type" available on version 1.5.2?

I'm not finding how to do this.
Can you provide me some tips or a step by step guide?

Thank you,
Ciro.
ccalves

Postby dpsghh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:45 pm

ccalves wrote:Is this option "icals export menu item type" available on version 1.5.2?

I'm not finding how to do this.
Can you provide me some tips or a step by step guide?

Availability of this menuitem starts with 1.5.3 or 1.5.4. However you should install latest version 1.5.4. anyway ;)

Good Luck
dpsghh
Gold Members

Postby jillbuchanan » Fri May 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Could you possible give a step-by-step instruction on how to import and export between JEvents and Google calendar? I don't understand your comment "creat ical export menu item type". Not sure how to do this and what to do after.
Thanks so much!
jill
jillbuchanan

Postby atolli » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 am

I would love to know how to do this too. I cannot really find any precise method wherever on how to do this. Need to sync calendar with Google Calendar.
atolli

Postby Geraint » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:22 am

Importing from google - take the ical export URL and use this to create a new ical calendar in the backend of JEvents.

Exporting from JEvents - create an ical export menu item and use this to create an export URL which you use to import into Google.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rickmbari » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:34 am

Once you crete an export URL, can iCal, iPhone/iPad Calendar, Google calendar, Android calendar, etc., use that URL to subscribe to the calendar and automatically see changes, or do you have to export the calendar every time you add or change an event?
rickmbari

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:26 am

If you subscribe then changes on your website will be seen on your google/desktop/smartphone (dependent on how frequently the updates are requested).
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.4