JEvents 1.4

Modifying the month view and tooltip

Postby t3yf5g » Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 am

Hi,

New to Jevents. I got the calendar styled the way I want and looks perfect. Although my events really don't need a page for info, too short to be worth clicking. I would like to know if I can remove the link on the month view but still show the event title.

As for the tooltip, I would like to basically fit what would have been on the info page for the event to show up in the tooltip. Obviously, it would need to be bigger to accommodate all the text. Just want it to show the start and end time, and the description. People will get that the info is for the day they are hovering over and don't need to see the start and ending date, especially when its a repeat event and shows the first and last date.

I should mention that I tinkered a bit and couldn't get anything to show. I know the basics of php and can usually accomplish what I need, I was able to reduce the navbar to just the month and year skip buttons, but everything I change doesn't show up on the calendar, or it just breaks.

Thank you for any tips.
t3yf5g

Postby dlb » Mon May 04, 2009 10:13 am

I can't help you with this, but there has been considerable discussion of this sort of modification in the 1.5RC forum. In addition, 1.5 is almost ready to go stable, you need to consider how much time you want to put into tweaking the "old" version. :D

Dale
dlb

Postby t3yf5g » Mon May 04, 2009 2:23 pm

I did download the RC just last night and played with it a bit, looks really awesome. So I will probably start working with that.
t3yf5g

Return to JEvents 1.4