Jevents 1.4 for Joomla 1.0.x

Bulk load of events from CSV file ?

Postby vidapura » Thu May 29, 2008 9:37 am

Hi folks,
Congratulations on a brilliant module. jEvents is, in my opinion, one of the best implemented and feature-full extensions available for joomla.

I'm currently working on a site for a club that publishes an event calendar at the start of each year.
I want to use jEvents on the site to represent the events.

The users are very happy with jEvents and all the facilities like the mini-calendar, the event lists.. etc etc..

But of course, Users being Users.. they want more.. sigh...

Now they want to know if there is a way that they could load the events into the calendar in a bulk load from a CSV file...
They have various reasons for this, the main one being that if an event (like a series of races that would be sponsored by a third party ) changes name ( if the sponsor pulls out and is replaced by a sponsor with a different name) then they would change the CSV file and republish it.. and want to be able to change the events calendar online as well... a recurring event can't really be used for this because each race needs to be show as "Frosbite Series: Race 1" , "Frostbite Series: Race 2" etc etc...

I actually hate to ask, cos you guys have done so much work on jEvents already ... but I said I would ask if there is maybe a simple script available to carry out this task maybe?

Thanks in advance...

Vida
vidapura

Return to Jevents 1.4 for Joomla 1.0.x